Two Men Catch Fire At Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop Store

The wellness brand’s candles explode for the third time.


Gwyneth Paltrow’s votives continue to rouse debate…and towering infernos, apparently. On June 25, two men caught fire during an event in her Hamptons Goop store. Local police accredited the sudden blaze to candles that were drenched in rubbing alcohol. We have yet to discover why the obviously combustible material was exposed to an open flame. 

Both men left the scene with severe ailments to attend to. The police blotter reads:  “One man, who had a large burn on his back and ears, had to be taken by helicopter to Stony Brook University Hospital. The other, who had sustained facial burns, was transported by ambulance to Southampton Hospital.”

This isn’t the first time that Goop has been associated with fiery masses. In January 2021, London resident Jody Thompson reported that her “This Smells Like My Vagina” candle exploded in her living room. “I’ve never seen anything like it. The whole thing was ablaze, and it was too hot to touch. There was an inferno in the room,” she told The Sun. Not the outcome you’d expect from a $75 product. 

Later that year, Texas man Colby Watson alleged that his vagina candle became “engulfed in high flames” after burning for three hours. He went on to sue the wellness brand, who asserted that his claim was “an attempt to secure an outsized payout from a press-heavy product.” 


A post shared by goop (@goop)

Paltrow hasn’t responded to last month’s Goop incident, which is still under investigation. The men’s current condition remains unknown.

Up Next, Hailey Bieber Sued Days After Her Skincare Line's Launch.