8 Reasons Why We’re Obsessed With Billie Eilish
As if we needed to convince you.
Billie Eilish has taken the music industry by storm in recent years as she’s become one of the most streamed artists ever, despite only being 17. With her bright hair, ‘IDGAF’ attitude, and unique music, millions of people all over the globe have recently become obsessed with her, and if you’re unconvinced as to why here are 8 reasons:
1. Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell is actually her full name. Yep, Pirate.
2. She’s completely open and honest about her mental health and the pressure she’s under as a young artist and role model to some – although some critics feel the need to emphasize that Eilish’s dark personality is simply part of her ‘image’, her honesty in interviews about her issues with the media and her mental health have left millions of teenage girls looking up to her. Her openness has led to a greater conversation about the mental health of musicians and those constantly in the eye of the media, especially young people, considering Eilish is only 17 herself and suffers with Tourette Syndrome, something she discusses in her Instagram stories and when she visited Ellen.
3. Just like all of us, she’s in love with Justin Bieber.
4. Her baggy style has become noticed and admired, but not for the reasons you’d think. Eilish admitted friends and fans have commented on her signature style in ways that make her feel as if slut-shaming is somehow involved, as her baggy and comfortable clothes are compared to other girls’ more revealing ones. In her campaign ad for Calvin Klein she defended her style saying: ‘Nobody can have an opinion because they haven’t seen what’s underneath’.
5. She’s the youngest female artist ever to have a number 1 album in the UK.
6. Although she twists her nightmares into muse for her art, Eilish has admitted she suffers from ‘night terrors, lucid dreams, and sleep paralysis’, some of which influenced the album that reached number one on the Billboard 200 chart: When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
7. Eilish features on the 13 Reasons Why soundtracks – not only is the hit show produced by Selena Gomez, but Billie Eilish also featured on the Season 1 soundtrack with ‘bored’ and the Season 2 one with ‘lovely’, collaborating with Khalid.
8. She’s a vegan – saving our planet and our souls.