FIND THE HOTTEST DROPS OVER AT SHOPPABLES×
Photo: Caroline Bertolini

Period Sex And All It's Taboos

Let's get messy!!

POSTEDBYELLA DAVIS

Our generation is overcoming the taboo of period sex. Research by Flex found that 55 percent of men think period sex is natural, normal and pretty awesome. While the other 45 percent are missing out on some pretty awesome sex which sucks for them! 

For those of you easing into taking a dip in the red sea to those who visit frequently we have some tips for you to help get messy!

Track your Cycle

There are some awesome apps to help track your period. One of our all time favorites and one we use ourselves is The Clue app. This app not only helps you track when to expect your period but also helps you navigate when your fertile period is as well as how your whole body reacts to your change in hormones. It even helps you figure out when you are horniest in the month. The app also shoots out some fun facts on periods and their Insta page is a wealth of knowledge. 

One great feature in the app is you can share your period calendar with your SO if you so please so they know when to get with the flow.

Communication with Confidence

You need to talk about period sex with your vertical dance partner before you do it. You need to accept your body as it is. We bleed once a month, its painful for some and a breeze for others. But we never need to apologize for it. AND ESPECIALLY NOT TO A MAN! If it wasn't for the flow between our knees there would be no men here today. Sometimes approaching this subject men tend to forget that and say things like "It's disgusting.", "It's too messy." etc. We won't go on with the insults, sometimes you need to put a man in his place on these issues and never apologize. Period sex is normal. If it means a lot to you and your partner just says no, then sit them down and say it as it is. Knowledge is key. Hit 'em with the facts, but do it gently and be confident. You got a great pussy!

And if they don't comply: Show them the door sweety!

The Sacrificial Towel

You heard it before, just lay that black or red towel before you get messy to save yourself a murder scene on the sheets. Embrace the bloodiness! 

Try a Flex Disc

Flex is a cross between a Diva Cup and tampon. It sits up higher than a diva cup around your cervix and don't period block you from getting it on. You can leave it during sex, and wear it for up to 12 hours before replacing it with a new one. It collects the blood so you stay mess and stain free. 


What's so good about Period Sex? 

Apart from everything, period sex provides a lot of benefits including:

Orgasms are natural cramp cures

Whether you have the old in and out or you are solo, orgasms aren't just amazing and make your body glow, they also relax your uterus and increase blood flow when climaxing, releasing a whole lot of endorphins.

Period sex shortens periods 

Turn that 7 to a 3 with period sex! When your uterus contracts during an orgasm it not only helps with the cramps but also speeds up the shedding of your uterine lining. 

Get Fucking, get messy and get extra naughty. 

Want to get Kinkier? We got some tips for you! 

UP NEXT ON THE HITLIST
Ok