What Is Detox: How It Works And What It Gives To The Body
Why it is so important and what types of body cleansing are available.
Today, it is difficult to find a person who has not heard anything about detox cleansing. Detoxification programs are trendy not only with show business stars and healthy lifestyle followers but also with ordinary people who want to improve their health and lose a few extra pounds. If you have alcohol poisoning or drug overdose, detox is the first step for trating your body. Google detox centers near me and the one which fits you the most.
In this article, we’ll try to understand what detox is, why it is so important, and what types of body cleansing are available.
What is detox?
The word "detox" is an abbreviation of "detoxification", that is, neutralizing poisonous substances, and ridding the body of toxins. It is believed that in the process of activity, the human body produces slags and harmful substances, which must be disposed of in a timely manner. If this is not done, they cause problems with the skin and digestion, unpleasant body odor, negatively affect the general well-being, and cause malfunctions in the body.
In addition to toxins that are formed in the process of life, poisons enter our body from the outside. Poisonous substances are present in medicines, cosmetics, alcohol, coffee, and car exhaust gases. Cleansing of the body from poisonous substances occurs constantly, since the stable operation of all organ systems depends on this process.
What detoxifies the body
Nature designed the human body as a self-cleansing system, so the human body has a built-in detox system. The main organs responsible for the detoxification of poisonous elements are the liver and kidneys. The kidneys filter the blood and remove metabolic products, and the liver neutralizes toxic substances that enter our body with food and medical drugs. But bad ecology, low-quality products, lack of sleep, constant stress, lack of physical activity provoke failures in the natural detox system of the human body.
To support the body, you should periodically carry out detox therapy. This process helps remove accumulated salts of heavy metals, pesticides, toxic substances and slags, improves well-being, and strengthens immunity.
There are four main reasons why periodic body detox is useful and it is necessary to find the right detox center near me:
- Detoxification helps our body recover by not having to spend time and effort digesting heavy food.
- By reducing the calorie content of food, we start fat burning processes. As you know, fat is an accumulator of poisonous substances, therefore, with a decrease in fat accumulation, the level of toxins decreases.
- Limiting the diet, we clean the intestines. This applies not only to its content, but also to numerous intestinal microflora. Refusal of improper nutrition allows you to get rid of harmful microorganisms that feed on yeast and sugar.
- If you or your friend had a drug overdose, it’s crucial to immediately find a drug detox near me. In this case, detoxication of your body is the first step in treating addiction and even saving your life.
Detox menu: what products to include
To cleanse the body, it is necessary to eat mainly vegetable food. Activating the natural detox system of our body will help:
- Seedlings Sprouted wheat, oats, soybeans are a natural bio-additive containing a huge amount of vitamins and trace elements.
- Cucumber. Dulls the feeling of hunger, has a mild choleretic, diuretic and laxative effect. It saturates the body with mineral salts necessary for the work of the heart, kidneys and liver.
- Beet. Supports the liver, regulates metabolism, eliminates problems with intestinal microflora. Iron, manganese and boron in its composition stimulate hematopoiesis.
- Seaweed. A source of iodine, necessary for the stable functioning of the nervous system.
- Citrus fruits. Rich in fiber, necessary for healthy digestion, as well as vitamin C.
- Apples They have a huge amount of easily digestible fructose, iron and a rare element - vitamin P, as well as pectin, which protects against heavy metal salts.
- Paprika. Rich in vitamins A and C, it has a beneficial effect on the work of the pancreas.
- Broccoli cabbage. It has a large amount of fiber, vitamins C and B9.
Grape. Source of trace elements (potassium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, iron). Pectin in grapes removes salts of heavy metals. Accelerates digestion, improves assimilation of useful substances.
Dried fruits (dates, prunes, dried apricots, figs, raisins). They contain all the useful substances that are in fresh fruits, but in a higher concentration. They help to overcome cravings for sweets in detox centres near me. However, you should not get carried away with dried fruits, as they are quite high in calories. Dried fruits with added sugar (candied fruit) should also be avoided.
These products give an idea of what a nutritional detox is and what foods are most beneficial. Vegetables, greens and fruits provide the body with all the components necessary for cleansing and normal functioning.
Possible side effects
Detox procedures cannot be abused, because a cleansing diet, on average, should last no more than one week. All detox programs should be used with caution, preferably after consulting a doctor.
- Detox procedures are contraindicated:
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- during recovery from illnesses and injuries;
- with exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- in diseases of the digestive system;
- in childhood;
- with severe depression, mental disorders.
People with any diseases of the gastrointestinal tract should not resort to detox therapy. A detox menu with a lot of raw vegetables and concentrated juices can irritate the mucous membranes of the digestive organs. If during detoxification you suddenly feel unwell (severe dizziness, stomach pain, vomiting or indigestion), you should seek medical help.
Long-term detox therapy with juices poses a health hazard and damages immunity. Juices are devoid of fiber and protein - the main building block of the human body, including immune cells that kill viruses and harmful bacteria. A protein deficiency can also lead to the destruction of muscle fibers.