How To Create The Perfect Glossy Eye
No matter if you’re currently at university or just trying to find a work life balance, all of us have one thing in common: lack of sleep. Whether we stay up late cramming for tests, in a social media black hole or partying with friends, getting those recommended eight hours of sleep a night seems to be more of a dream than a reality.
So, how do you look wide-eyed and ready when Marimba inevitably sounds on your alarm in the morning? Fake it until you make it. Not with copious amounts of caffeine (which we would also recommend), but with one trusty makeup trend.
The glossy eyelid.
We’ve said it once and we’ll say it again: gloss is back. And this time it’s not just for your lips. The glossy eyelid trend is one of the hottest this season. The look reflects light, making you look fully rested and youthful. To get that fresh, sexy glossy eye with depth, simply follow these five easy steps:
1. Start with a thin, lash-defining swipe of black liquid liner, extending the line out and up to your heart’s desire. Kat Von D Tattoo Liner has the ideal fine-line applicator: thin, long and firm felt tip.
2. Dab a brown kohl pencil, like Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Eye Pencil in Mahogany along the black line and on the bottom lashes.
3. Now, it’s time for the main act— adding shine. MAC Mixing Medium Shine is a clear, wax-based mixer that will stay put better than true gloss. Press it into the eyelid with your fingers, smudging the brown liner into the lid.
4. Go over the brown liner along the top and bottom lashes with a gunmetal liner or shadow. Stila’s Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eyeshadow is perfect for this step, just use a fine brush.
5. To take your glossy eye to the next level, top it off with MAC Gloss Coat in Clear. Dab in the center of your lids with the brush and then blend out with your fingertips.
So, yes, you might still need that cup of coffee in the morning, but you’ll look as if you’ve gotten a whole night’s sleep and are actually ready for the day by simply experimenting with this glossy look. Look awake this season, and try the trend; you won’t be disappointed.