Do you eat to feel sexy and sensual? More than likely no, we all feel fucking fat. Have you ever tried a #cuchifrito? It’s not what you think. Talk to your Latino(a) friends and have them introduce you to some #mofongo. It’s an #orgasmic experience. Digressing to sexier issues, the truth remains greasy foods are delicious, but completely unappealing- not to say, gassy. For those dating in hopes to score right after a good meal, sushi or a big steak with asparagus followed by an entire barrel of red wine seem like the best alternatives. That is, until finding out asparagus provokes smelly gases as well; not sexy nor sensual. Here’s the catch-22: the satisfaction from eating a delicious meal and the orgasmic experience of having sex both activate pleasure receptors in the brain. What if you had to choose one or the other?
The good news is that there are edibles that are part of a healthy sexual diet! Must people indulge, and binge digest dark chocolate to get their hard on. But, is it true some foods increase your sexual desire? Well, there are natural aphrodisiacs that are not only healthy, but will spice up your bedroom routine.
Here’s a short list of foods you can add to your weekly diet, so you can break your sexual diet.
1. Chocolate: Pure chocolate contains phenylethylamine (PEA), which stimulates the same hormone your body releases during sex. Get a bite of vegan dark chocolate, and you shall enjoy a #fondue.
2 Cinnamon: What better spice to heat up your body than cinnamon? It has anti-inflammatory properties, ladies.
3. Red wine: This one is a no brainer. Red wine increases blood flow, and lowers inhibitions. However, don’t overdo it because there’s nothing sexy about a passed out drunk.
4. Asparagus and Avocados: Delicious and healthy as they help your body release testosterone, estrogen, and progesterone, which stimulate sexual lubrication.
5. Oysters: Of course, you already knew. The proverbial, cliché aphrodisiac per excellence makes the cut because of their zinc content. It boosts testosterone, hence enhancing the strength of your manhood.
6. Fatty Fish: Often referred to as the Female Viagra, oily coldwater fish like wild salmon, sardines, and tuna are full of omega-3 fatty acids which raise dopamine levels in the brain.
7. Almonds, Pine Nuts and Pumpkin Seeds: Nuts, isn’t it? These seeds are nature’s way of going “al natural” and reproducing like rabbits.
8. Watermelon: Lack of seduction skills? Make this Watermelon Sorbet and share it with your partner or date. You’ll see why this is called the new Viagra. Next thing you know you’re immobile and almost comatose.
9. Coconut Water: You got to fortify your body with natural electrolytes. Add it to your smoothie and feel the seed of your pants refresh.
10. Pomegranate: This miracle fruit increases testosterone and increases memory. Mix this with the red wine in case you forget his/ her name the next morning.
If you want to boost your libido while maintaining a healthy lifestyle, stock your pantry with these foods, and eat them on a regular basis. Who knows, you might even lose weight with all the extra exercise and look hotter! And remember, there’s nothing wrong with dabbling with the horny side of science.